An investigative report recently came out assessing how security measures were addressed at the time Charlie Kirk, a Christian nationalist and white supremacist was murdered at Utah Valley University on September 10, 2025. Kirk's political organization, known as Turning Point USA, insisted the event must be hosted outside on the university's campus.
Kirk, a well known white supremacist always waving his God flag, did not hold any political position. He mainly held some degree of notoriety for his proximity to felon-in-chief Donald Trump; and for his offensiveness and pseudo-Christianity. In my opinion, safety measures for Kirk should be equal to every one else on that campus: students, faculty, staff, and like-minded Klan members looking to make a dime through mass appeal.
A PBS article states: "An external review released by Utah Valley University found that the school failed to conduct a formal security assessment, did not create a written event action plan and deferred critical decision-making to Turning Point USA, the Kirk-led organization that scheduled his appearances on college campuses across the U.S."
People spouting hateful rhetoric should anticipate the potential for hateful things to come their way, like shooters with AR-15s who cannot tell reality from the violent video games they play. Frankly, why in the hell consider rooftop security for a charlatan who uses Christianity to fatten his racist pockets?
Can you imagine rooftop security if Black Panthers were hosting a speaking event about protecting themselves from people like Charlie Kirk and his followers? The university administrators would instead focus on protecting themselves from a large group of black people, which in their likely racist minds equate to notions of a "rioting mob". Such is how racist America operates.
Granted, all people should be able to host events without getting shot at, but if the university had not been swayed by their conservative politics; the administrators would had been able to see it was to be one of the many money making events cranked out by Turning Point USA. I as a Christian, can say definitely, that organization gives Christianity a bad name, and is not Christ-like. Christ was about loving people, not hate. Nor was Jesus political. These type of organizations and Republican bigots have given the gospel a whopping black eye. I can say as a former atheist, if I were still a non-believer today, I would want no part of their message. They have done great damage.
I will look back again to see how offensive this post is, as it is almost 1 a.m in the morning, and I am deliriously tired and cannot sleep for health issues. But I doubt my message here will change. The fact is some people set themselves up to fall into harms way because their hate rules their hearts. Hate defies rationalism and reasoning. It is why people will continue to hail Kirk, and other racists like as Donald Trump as heroes. I do not waste my time trying to persuade such people; instead, it is simply best to expose them.